[mythtv] dev filesystem

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:04:16 -0400

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 07:57 pm, daz@undertaker.homeip.net wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Are you using the last release (pr3)?  There was a bug in it where it had
> > /dev/video hardcoded into the recorder, and so won't run with devfs.
>
> urk.  i forgot to mention im using cvs from Aug. 04.  sorry :)

Ah.  Well, then, I dunno =)  Maybe make sure that it's trying to open the
right video device?  (stick a cout or something in the source near where it
opens the device to spit out the devicename it's trying to open)..

> > > alsa or oss?
> >
> > alsa 0.9
>
> would the sound driver matter in terms of usability?

It might.  On one system that I know of, alsa worked full duplex, where the
oss driver would block when the player tried to open it.

Isaac