[mythtv-commits] Ticket #9188: UPnP browsing "By Title" fails for shows with non-Latin1 characters [+PATCH]

MythTV mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org
Sat Nov 6 18:43:59 UTC 2010

#9188: UPnP browsing "By Title" fails for shows with non-Latin1 characters
     Reporter:  foceni@…          |       Owner:  dblain    
         Type:  patch             |      Status:  new       
     Priority:  major             |   Milestone:  unknown   
    Component:  MythTV - UPnP     |     Version:  0.23-fixes
     Severity:  medium            |    Keywords:  upnp,     
Ticket locked:  0                 |  
 For example: "By Title" browsing shows a folder called "Černá zmije (18)",
 but when I click it open on PS3 or in Totem on the desktop, it is empty.
 Locating the show via "By Date" plays without fail. This is broken for
 everybody with non-Latin1 characters if UPnP is used.

 I checked the source in my local MythTV 0.23-fixes repo and indeed, there
 was a bug in handling UTF8 requests. The same bug existed in SVN trunk the
 last time I used it (~month back).

 US coders probably didn't expect the search filters to contain UTF8
 characters, so they used .toLatin1() conversions all around the place.
 Attached is a simple fix, as switching from .toLatin1() to .toUtf8() fixes
 the whole issue.

 Applying to upstream is as simple as "search and replace", though not all
 occurrences require UTF8, it doesn't hurt or break anything. E.g. for
 key=value pair decoding, only the "value" needs .toUtf8().

Ticket URL: <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9188>
MythTV <http://www.mythtv.org/>
MythTV Media Center

More information about the mythtv-commits mailing list