[mythtv-commits] Ticket #8166: Some translation strings are not used in mythfrontend

MythTV mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org
Fri Mar 12 04:26:41 UTC 2010

#8166: Some translation strings are not used in mythfrontend
 Reporter:  rune.evjen@…          |       Owner:  reynaldo
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new     
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:  unknown 
Component:  Translations          |     Version:  head    
 Severity:  medium                |     Mlocked:  0       

Comment(by Nicolas Riendeau <knight@…>):


 My guess is that you are currently using the files you checked out of
 trunk. The lrelease (or lrelease-qt4) tool has not yet been run on them so
 the .qm files, which are the files MythTV actually uses when you run the
 application, do not yet contain your latest updates.

 lupdate (or lupdate-qt4) extracts the translatable strings from .cpp or .h
 files and put them in .ts files.

 lrelease (or lrelease-qt4) transforms your .ts files into .qm files which
 MythTV can use.

 Have a nice day!


 PS: I did not check all the strings you mentionned since I wasn't were
 some of them came from but the ones I found were translated when I
 switched my frontend to Norvegian (Thank god I knew what the menu entries
 I needed to choose to switch back to English or French looked like (-; ).

Ticket URL: <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8166#comment:1>
MythTV <http://www.mythtv.org/>

More information about the mythtv-commits mailing list