[mythtv-commits] Ticket #2705: Duplicate Check method "subtitle" not working

MythTV mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org
Tue Jan 9 22:59:05 UTC 2007

#2705: Duplicate Check method "subtitle" not working
 Reporter:  anonymous  |        Owner:  ijr    
     Type:  defect     |       Status:  new    
 Priority:  minor      |    Milestone:  unknown
Component:  mythtv     |      Version:  0.20   
 Severity:  medium     |   Resolution:         
Comment (by fales):

 Replying to [comment:4 ricko at garagegames.com]:
 > I can confirm this bug.  I am a Gentoo user and just upgraded to .20 and
 find duplicates is broken.  Everything was working properly with .19

 Hi Ricko,

 The problem turned out to be caused by an upgrade of MySQL that changed
 the character set for the databases to somehting besides latin1.  This
 changes the size of a whole set of the database columns so that they are
 shorter than they were before and as a result episode items match up that
 shouldn't and therefore don't record.  I tried changing the database
 format back to latin1, but it was going to take me too long to correct the
 database format manually.

 I ended up solving my problem by doing the same as jellono;
 1. Wrote down all of my MythTV Setup and Configuration parameters
 2. I backed up my mythconverg database (I actualy renamed the MySQL
 3. re-created the MySQL database
 4. ran through the mythtv-setup routine from scratch (this was a pain)
 5. checked that items were now recording properly
 6. logged into my backup mythconverg database, and used mysqldump to
 extract out a listing of recorded programs.  I then added these items into
 my active mythconverg recorded programs table so that I could view my
 existing recordings.

 This has tought me to back up my mythconverg database before performing
 any upgrades.


Ticket URL: <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2705#comment:6>
MythTV <http://www.mythtv.org/>

More information about the mythtv-commits mailing list