[mythtv-commits] Ticket #1323: Using guide to change to channel (in LiveTV) with no available tuners hangs mythfrontend

MythTV mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org
Sat Feb 18 19:29:23 UTC 2006


#1323: Using guide to change to channel (in LiveTV) with no available tuners hangs
mythfrontend
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  perveilerj at yahoo.com  |       Owner:  ijr 
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new 
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:      
Component:  mythtv                |     Version:  0.19
 Severity:  medium                |  
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 My version info:

 sh-3.00$ mythfrontend --version
 Library API version: 0.19.20060121-2
 Source code version: 8926
 Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack
 using_ivtv using_dvb using_x11 using_xv using_dvdnav using_xrandr
 using_opengl_vsync using_frontend using_backend

 I have 3 tuners:
 0) pchdtv 3000
 1) pvr 150 (from pvr 500)
 2) pvr 150 (from pvr500)

 If I schedule recordings for each of the pvr 150 tuners (which use the
 same video source), then enter LiveTV the starting tuner is the pchdtv
 3000 as expected.  If I then start the guide and try to tune to a channel
 that is available only on the pvr 150s (which are both busy) I get a
 dialogbox saying something like "mythtv is already using all available
 tuners for recordings..." which is to be expected. There is only one
 button on this dialog and it seems to have focus (it's highlighted,
 anyways).  I can't seem to press the button, though.  I click enter, but
 nothing hapens.  If I run outside of gdb and ctrl-c it I get a segfault.
 If I run inside of gdb i get a potentially corrupted stack (see attached
 backtrace).

 Before trying to get the backtrace I put a breakpoint in
 DialogBox::buttonPressed but it never triggered (I did that in a different
 gdb run, you won't see it in the backtrace).  I got a warning about
 setting a breakpoint in a not-yet-loaded dynamic library, though, so it's
 possible that I just did that wrong.

 I see lots of "no symbol table info available" in the backtrace, but there
 are myth calls that look ok so I don't know.  Let me know if I did
 something wrong (i made distclean before rebuilding for debug, anyways).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1323>
MythTV <http://www.mythtv.org/>
MythTV


More information about the mythtv-commits mailing list